19 October 2005

CTA. Stop the lies. Please.

Every time I read in the paper about how buying a Chicago card speeds up service I want to puke. The only thing it speeds up is the city's effort to track each and every rider's personal movements.
The state already has your movement tracked if you use the I-Pass system and can use that evidence against you in court. The system is already in place to use the information from the CTA. Here's an example of just how much time you save by using the Chicago card. I board the L right behind a person with a Chicago card. They take one second to go through. I take 1.2 seconds. Then we both wait 15 minutes for the next Green line to show up. This is what you call speeding up?
Now if you offer me a card that will make the trains all come on time and not be so crowded I can't get on a red line for three trains, that I will pay more for.

No comments: